FBI Fraud Alert: Don't Get Ripped Off!
If you can answer "YES" to any of the following questions, you could be involved in a fraud or about to be scammed.
- Is the check from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc?
- Is the amount of the check more than the item's selling price?
- Did you receive the checkvia an overnight delivery service?
- Is the check connected to communicating with someone by email?
- Is the check drawn on a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of a lottery, such as Canadian, Australian, El Gordo, or El Mundo, that you did not enter?
- Have been instructed to either "wire", "send", or "ship" money as soon as possible, to a large US city or to another country, such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving pay or a commission for facilitating money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update, or provide your account information?
Inform branch personnel immediately.