Get to Know Us
First Columbia Bank Walks the Walk of a True Community Bank
Just as we have for 115 years, First Columbia brings the benefits of local banking to this community. While the world of banking has changed a lot over the years, our core values and commitment to you remain the same.
This is what makes First Columbia different.Visit any of our 13 community banking locations and see the difference for yourself.
First Columbia Bank & Trust Leadership Team
The original charter of First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. dates back to 1899 when The Bloomsburg National Bank opened its doors. Little could the staff back then have known what the future would hold - ATMs, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and an average mortgage loan that is more than the bank's original total capital.
Today, First Columbia remains proud and true to its roots as a locally - owned community bank. The Bank has grown to serve the banking and financial needs of individuals and businesses across Columbia, Luzerne and Northumberland counties with 13 community banking offices.
Years of Expansion
In 1926, the Bloomsburg Bank - Columbia Trust Company was formed when the Columbia County Trust Company, established in 1916, consolidated with the Bloomsburg National Bank. In 1990 the name of the Bank was changed to First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. Although the name changed, ownership did not, and the Bank has remained a locally owned and operated community bank.
At the opposite end of Columbia County, The Farmers National Bank of Orangeville was established in 1917. A third bank surfaced in Benton known as Columbia County National Bank. The two banks merged in 1956 forming The Columbia County Farmers National Bank of Orangeville. By 1983, the name was changed to Columbia County Farmers National Bank (CCFNB), a primary competitor to Bloomsburg Bank - Columbia Trust Company.
As changes occurred in the landscape of Columbia County, both local banks began to branch out and expand their services into new communities. Bloomsburg Bank - Columbia Trust opened a sister office on Market Street in Bloomsburg in 1964. In 1967, branches were opened in Catawissa and Scott Township, Bloomsburg.
CCFNB expanded in 1970 by adding their South Centre Office. The Main Office in Bloomsburg, located on East Street, was opened in 1985.
As both banks entered the next decade, changes were on the horizon. Bloomsburg Bank–Columbia Trust Company changed its name to First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. in 1990. This was followed by the addition of two branch locations in 1991 (Benton and Berwick). By 1998, another office was constructed at the entrance of the Columbia Mall in Buckhorn, bringing the total number of branch locations to seven. CCFNB established their Financial Planning Department, Lightstreet Office and Millville Office all in 1990.
As both banks entered the new millennium, they embraced changes in technology and product lines. Online Banking had become the wave of the future. Still growing, First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. opened two new branch offices in 2004 (Elysburg and West Hazleton). In 2006, the Bank acquired two Columbia County branches of Keystone Nazareth Bank & Trust (KNBT) further expanding their customer base.
CCFNB began the millennium by entering the insurance market as a 50% owner of Neighborhood Advisors. In 2004, a branch office was opened inside the Walmart® Supercenter. In 2006, CCFNB opened an office in Berwick, its eighth community location. By November 2007, both banks would sign an agreement to join forces and become the second largest independent publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in the three county area. Going forward, the Bank would be called First Columbia Bank & Trust Co., with CCFNB Bancorp, Inc., becoming the holding company's name.
With the dawn of the new decade, First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. opened its fourteenth community banking location in Berwick at the site of the former Hotel Berwick. With its opening in January 2010, this branch became the second Berwick location to serve the area with full service banking.
In June 2011, First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. completed the sale of the West Hazleton Office to Luzerne Bank.
The leased Market Street Office in Bloomsburg was severely damaged by the historic flooding brought on by Tropical Depression Lee in September 2011. As a result, the building was demolished and a new one rebuilt on the same site. The rebuilt branch was officially opened in May 2012. It offers convenient drive-thru banking services, a walk-up window and ATM.
In September 2011, the Bank broke ground for a new branch office in Catawissa, located adjacent to the existing branch. The newly built branch was completed in April of 2012. This updated and modernized facility offers an enhanced banking experience for customers with a large welcoming lobby area, expanded drive- thru lanes, an ATM, night deposit and ample parking.
The Bank continues to offer new products and services to keep pace with technological advances and customer banking preferences. A new Online Mortgage Center was launched on First Columbia's website www.firstcolumbiabank.com in April 2010. The Online Banking system was upgraded in March 2012 to include new features, as well as to enhance the level of security and convenience. Mobile Banking services were also introduced in 2012.
First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. continues to provide a full range of banking, trust and investment services. For 115 years, the Bank has been committed to serving customers and the communities in which they reside. The Bank is dedicated to remaining a friendly hometown community bank for generations to come.