Teen Star Contest Rules and Details
As a condition to being auditioned for the First Columbia Teen Star program you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
- You must be a legal U.S. resident and currently a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior at one of the following school districts*:
- Benton Area School District
- Berwick Area School District
- Bloomsburg Christian School
- Bloomsburg Area School District
- Central Columbia Area School District
- Columbia County Christian School
- Danville Area School District
- Columbia Montour Vocational Technical School
- Millville Area School District
- Southern Columbia Area School District
- Contestants may also be a high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior who permanently resides in Columbia County or in the Danville Area School District, but attends another school outside of Columbia County or the Danville Area School District, or is home schooled (residency verification required).
* If you do not fit this criteria, you are not eligible to participate.
- You are ineligible if you already have any type of talent representation (e.g., talent agent or manager) or a music recording contract, a merchandising contract, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from entering into a management contract, recording contract, talent contract and/or merchandising contract.
- For the audition, contestants must prepare and present a memorized vocal performance from three (3) to five (5) minutes in length.
- No groups, bands or duets will be allowed. Individual vocal performances only, you may provide an accompanist.
- Contestants must provide backing track with NO lead vocals for auditions on CD, MP3, iPod or phone. CD equipment and a grand piano will be provided. Contestants are encouraged to use an accompanist, play an instrument or use backing track without lead vocals, although a cappella will be allowed.
- Finalists must prepare and present up to two (2) memorized vocal performances three (3) to five (5) minutes each. The second song would be necessary if you are selected as one of the four (4) finalists.
- All musical types are welcome. The type of songs and individual titles are subject to the approval of First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. (sometimes referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” below). No offensive, rude, inappropriate or lewd songs or any type of inappropriate innuendo will be allowed.
- You will be required to fill out, sign and agree to all of the terms and conditions in our required form. All forms must be filled out completely and truthfully. If you fail to complete any form, give any false information, or fail to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from the contest.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or legal guardian must sign the Parental Consent & Medical Waiver Form and must agree that the form may be court approved.
The Process (Timeline):
- Closed auditions will be held on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 3:20 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Auditions will be held at Millville Junior/Senior High School Auditorium.
- Contestants must pre-register for a date and time for the audition. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- If you are one of the finalists selected, you will be given additional details.
- No weapons, alcohol, tobacco or non-prescription controlled substances will be permitted at any audition or during the competition.
- You must refrain from wearing any provocative or obscene apparel to the audition and/or finals. All contestants will have a photo taken at auditions. Please dress accordingly.
- Contestants will be notified by phone the afternoon of May 4, 2019 if they have advanced to the finals. If you do not advance to the finals, you will be notified by mail the week of May 6-10, 2019.
- All finalists will need to be available for an interview, and to have their photo taken, on the afternoon of either Tuesday, May 7th or Wednesday, May 8th for use in a pre-show promotional video.
- The finalists will perform on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at the Haas Center on the campus of Bloomsburg University. After each finalist performs, the field of performers is narrowed to four. These finalists then compete in a final performance to determine who will be the Teen Star Winner, and the second, third and fourth winners.
- All finalists will need to be available from 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. on June 2, 2019. Two alternate vocalists will be named and must be available as well.
- All finalists along with their accompanist, if applicable, will be required to participate in dress rehearsal and sound checks on the morning of June 2, 2019.
- Final event ticket prices are $5.00 each if purchased in advance and $7.00 at the door. All ticket proceeds from the show will be donated to the 2019 First Columbia Teen Star Finalists’ High School Music Departments.
1st Place – $2,000
2nd Place – $1,000
3rd Place – $750
4th Place – $350
All other Finalists will receive $100 each
First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. reserves, in its sole and absolute discretion, the right to disqualify and/or exclude any individual from participating in the auditions, rehearsals or final event for any reason including, but not limited to, violation or suspicion of violation of any of these rules, tampering with or suspicion of tampering with the entry process or the audition process, or conduct or suspicion of conduct which may be harmful or detrimental to the First Columbia Teen Star event.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. and the panel of judges, which shall be final and binding.
- We reserve the right to use the competition process for publicity and other purposes, and to use the name and likeness of those who compete and who arrive to audition, including friends, family or any other individual accompanying the participant, as part of that publicity and for other purposes, without compensation to you or others unless prohibited by law. By participating, you give us your irrevocable and unrestricted permission to take photographs, videos and sound recordings of you throughout the competition process. All such material in whatever medium captured is our exclusive property that we may copyright. You agree that we have all rights to publish this material in our sole discretion and that we may use your name in connection with its publication. Our usage of these materials will be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Dates, times and locations are subject to change.
- First Columbia Bank & Trust Co., as well as any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions or the program, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any failure of transportation, bad directions, or inability for any reason to appear at an audition site or audition or appear before the judging panels; any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in the contest or being selected to or disqualified from continuing in the competition; or any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the auditioning process.
- All decisions are made by the management of First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. and are final.
- First Columbia Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to change the rules at any time for any reason.
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.