Mobile Check Deposit
Banking made Easier & Faster
First Link Mobile Check Deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks to your bank account from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ device using the First Columbia Bank Mobile Banking app. See how fast and easy in this step-by-step video.
Making a Mobile Deposit
- If you are using an iPhone® or Android™ device:
- Press the Check Deposit button on the mobile banking menu page. Press the Deposit Check button at the bottom of the next screen. This will display a Notice page with reminders of the mobile deposit requirements.
- Press the Continue button at the bottom of the notices to proceed with your deposit. Please note that your device must have a camera feature with auto focus.
- If you are using an iPad®:
- Press the Check Deposit button on the mobile banking menu page. Press the New Deposit button on the Check Deposit page. This will display a Notice page with reminders of the mobile deposit requirements.
- Press the Continue button at the bottom of the notices in the right pane to proceed with your deposit. Please note that your device must have a camera feature with auto focus.
- Endorse the back of your check with “For Mobile Deposit Only” followed by your signature.
- Snap a clear picture of the front and the back of your check. Press the checkmark button if you are satisfied with your photo; press the red button if you wish to retake your photo.
- Enter the amount of your check.
- Select the checking or savings account into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter your email address. After your first deposit, your email address will be pre-populated.
- Press Continue.
- Press Approve to deposit the check.
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation that your check was transmitted to the bank. Look for an email to tell you the final status of your deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Check Deposit
- Is Mobile Check Deposit secure?
Making a deposit through the First Columbia Bank Mobile Banking app with your smartphone or supported tablet is safe. Deposits are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include password protection, internet firewalls, 128-bit SSL encryption, and application time-out when your device is not in use. No data is stored on your device, and if your device is lost or stolen, the service can be disabled immediately by accessing the Administration drop-down in the FirstLink Online Banking system, or by calling the bank.
- Who is eligible for Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Deposit service is subject to eligibility.
- You must have a First Columbia Bank checking or savings account that has been open at least 30 days.
- The number of NSFs (insufficient funds) incurred in the past three months on your account cannot exceed six.
- You must be enrolled in FirstLink Online Banking and download the bank’s free FirstLink Mobile Banking app.
- Currently Mobile Check Deposit is only available to customers with retail accounts.
- Are there any fees associated with this service?
First Columbia Bank does not charge a fee for using this service; however, charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
- What types of checks can be deposited?
In order to qualify for Mobile Check Deposit a check must meet certain criteria.
- The check must be payable to you and drawn on a U.S. bank. Personal, business and government checks are accepted.
- We are unable to accept Travelers Checks, Foreign Items, Savings Bonds, or Third Party Checks through Mobile Deposit.
- The amount of the check cannot exceed $1,500.
- The check must be complete, legible, unaltered, and include a current date (within 6 months) and valid signature. The date cannot be a date in the future.
- The check must be properly endorsed. Endorsement must include your signature and For Mobile Deposit Only.
- Are there any limitations on the number of checks deposited or the dollar amount allowed?
Deposit limits and other restrictions apply.
- Maximum check amount – $1,500
- Maximum daily deposit – $1,500
- Maximum rolling deposit (deposit amount in any 5 day period) – $7,500
- Only one check may be included per deposit. However, you can make multiple deposits in the same session. The bank limits the number of deposits to five per day.
- How do I make a deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
See Making a Mobile Deposit section above for step-by-step instructions. If you further need assistance, please call Customer Support at 570-387-7144 during banking business hours. We will be happy to answer your questions and walk you through the process.
- How will I know the deposit was received by First Columbia Bank and credited to my account?
You will receive an email from First Columbia Bank to confirm that your deposit has been transmitted and is being reviewed. After your deposit has been reviewed, you will receive a second email to inform you whether your deposit has been approved or declined. If the deposit was declined, the reason will be provided.
- If my deposit has been approved when will the funds be available?
If your deposit was transmitted prior to the business day cut-off time of 7:00 PM, the funds will be available for use against debits submitted for that day. You will not see your deposit in your account until the following business day. Longer delays may apply in certain circumstances.
- What if my deposit was declined?
Call 570-387-7144 to determine if you may attempt to redeposit or if you need to visit a branch.
- Is there a record kept of my Mobile Check Deposit activity?
Accepted Mobile Deposits will be included with your account activity. Your transaction activity may be viewed through online banking and on your account statements. Recent mobile deposit images can be viewed from the Recent tab in the Mobile Check Deposit feature.
- What should I do with the check after I make the Mobile Deposit?
Retain the check until you have verified that your deposit is included in your account activity. After you have verified that your transaction is complete, securely dispose of the check by shredding.