Thank you for choosing First Columbia Bank
Our Customer Service Representatives are here to help you set up your new account and to make the process as smooth as possible. You may download our step-by-step Transition Guide that outlines the information needed to open an account, along with forms that will help you transition your account to First Columbia. Welcome to First Columbia Bank. We look forward to serving your banking and financial needs for many years to come!
Open your new First Columbia account.
- Stop by one of our 13 convenient full service branch locations to open your new account.
- We offer a Free & Easy Checking account and several other great checking account options designed to meet your banking needs.
- To expedite account opening, you may wish to complete the All About You form ahead of time.This form is included in the downloadable Transition Guide.
- Be sure to bring appropriate personal identification with you.
Sign up for Banking On-The-Go.
- Once your account is open, be sure to sign up for First Columbia's FREE Online Banking by selecting the enrollment link from the dropdown menu in the Secure Online Banking section at the top of our website.
- In addition, you can also register for the FREE Firstlink Mobile App and take your hometown bank with you-wherever you go.(Standard phone and data rates may apply.)
Set up direct deposit to your new account.
- To simplify your banking, you may elect to have your paycheck or recurring payments deposited electronically. To help you manage multiple forms of income, we provide the Direct Deposit Organizer form in the downloadable Transition Guide above.
- If your employer or source of income doesn't require a specific form, you may complete and submit the Direct Deposit Request form to them to set up your direct deposit. For Social Security direct deposit, call the Social Security Administration at 1.800.772.1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
Switch your automatic payments.
- You can use the Automatic Payment Organizer form in the Transition Guide to track automatic payments associated with your old account. This will help you to remember all your payments, even the ones that occur infrequently.
- To switch payments to your First Columbia checking account, you can complete the Automatic Payment Request form. Some companies may have their own forms for you to use.
Track your transfer.
- Over the next month or more, monitor both your new and old accounts to make sure all your direct deposits and automatic payments transfer successfully to your First Columbia account.
Close your old account.
- When all services successfully transfer to your new account and all your checks clear, you are ready to close your old bank account using the other bank's designated form. The transfer process is now complete.
- Be sure to take advantage of our Buy Back Offer for your unused checks and debit card from another financial institution. Ask us for details.