The First Columbia Teen Star Musical Competition
We are delighted to announce that the 10th Annual First Columbia Teen Star Musical Competition will resume. Instead of the live auditions and live finale, the Bank will host this event in a virtual format this year. In mid-March, the Bank postponed the program due to the COVID-19 health crisis and state mandated stay-at-home orders. However, we began researching other options and determined a pre-recorded event could be produced. This unprecedented situation is very disruptive to our young people who are unable to attend school, participate in sports and activities, or even hang out with their friends. So the opportunity for Teen Star to carry on we hope will be a bright spot for those who were looking forward to participating this year.
And the Winner Is.......Stay tuned for updates!
Teen Star 2020 Virtual Event Schedule
If you missed any of these events, you can still see them at www.firstcolumbiateenstar.com. Enjoy!
|1. Tune in to Facebook Live for announcement of the top 12 finalists||Tuesday, May 5th @ 7:00 pm|
|2. See the Top 12 performances at www.firstcolumbiateenstar.com||Thursday, May 21 @ 7:00 pm|
|3. Tune in to Facebook Live for announcement of Top 4||Friday, May 22 @ 7:00 pm|
|4. See the Top 4 finalistsí performances at www.firstcolumbiateenstar.com||Saturday, May 23 @ 7:00 pm|
|5. Tune in to Facebook Live for announcement of Winners||Sunday, May 24 @ 7:00 pm|
Introducing the 2020 First Columbia Teen Star Finalists!
The 2020 First Columbia Teen Star finalists are:
- Cecelia Huntington, a Senior from Benton Area High School
- Celia Sondheimer, a Freshman from Central Columbia High School
- Cody Johnson, a Senior from Danville School District, attends North Star Academy
- Dylan Kramer, a Sophomore from Southern Columbia High School
- Emily Lockard, a Senior from Benton Area High School
- Emma Kelchner, a Junior from Central Columbia High School
- Haweomalkalani Villiarimo, a Freshman from Central Columbia High School
- Jamie Nguyen, a Senior from Bloomsburg Area High School
- Jenna McCreary, a Senior from Bloomsburg Area High School
- Lydia Barton, a Junior from Millville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Mary Decker, a Senior from Bloomsburg Area High School
- Taylor Woodeshick, a Junior from Berwick Area High School
Here's how the judging will work this year.
Since the program will be virtual, the audition process and finale format are different this year. Contestants were invited to submit two vocal performance videos. The first video is the contestantís audition video, and it will be viewed remotely by a panel of audition judges who will select 12 finalists. For contestants who make the top 12, their first video will also serve as their first performance for the finale. These videos will be viewed remotely by a team of finals judges who will choose the top 4. The judges will then view the second video submitted by the top 4 and will choose the Teen Star winner for 2020.
1st Place - $2,000
2nd Place - $1,000
3rd Place - $750
4th Place - $350
All other 8 finalists receive $100
For questions, please call 570.387.7175 or email us at email@example.com.
Follow Teen Star on Social Media
|Keep up with Teen Star happenings!